Monday, November 3, 2008

Lord's day recap

Yesterday we at New Life had a great worship experience, the Holy Spirit showed up and showed out. We were blessed with a surprise visit from the pastor who preceded me at New Life, Pastor Reese. The Lord would not leave me alone about a scripture that I opened our new bible study series with from Matthew's gospel. I talked about "You only have two choices" Matthew 7:13-14.

My outline was as follows

I. Challenge

A. Application starts at the beginning

B. A need for entering

C. The way of entry



II. Contrasts

A. Different entries (narrow vs. wide gate)

B. Different Paths (broad way vs. narrow way)

C. Different Populations (the many vs. the few)

D. Different destinations ( life vs. destruction)



III. Choice

A. Individual (the narrow we enter one at a time)

B. The choice we make should be a thoughtful matter

C. The choice is ultimately irreversible



This was my outline yesterday brothers, I hope you heavyweight thelogs don't kill it too much.

I am just a small preacher doing my best to glorify His kingdom.

Be blessed.



BAW,sr

5 comments:

Barry B. Severe said...

B, What seminary are you teaching at?! :) Doc, you laid that thing out like one of my old professors in school. Sounds, like you guys had a great time over there! Don't be surprised if you look up one day, and see little bro's face out in the congregation. And please spare me the embarassment by calling me up to the pit. Like John the baptist said, I'm unworthy to share the same space with you. Be blessed my brother! Much love to you, Crystal, and BJ.

P.S. Did I hear you say dinner was on you? :)

Clinton Smith said...

Good work, B Wil! You're the heavyweight and we're just lightweights.

Fitts said...

Great work preacher, I sure the congregation appreciated the message.

DeAntwan

Shanita Waters said...

Hi Pastor! This is my first time here. I am enjoying your blog. I'm going to go back and read the text again along side of your blog. I enjoy studying the word of God and like your outline too.

Blessings!
Shanita

Anonymous said...

Preach on preacher... Please continue allowing our Lord, Jesus the Christ to use you.... The sermon was awesome... service was filled with the spirit... He came in, showed up and showed out...All I have to say is keep doing what God has called you to do and that is preach and teach the gospel...Know that you are great and a great reward is near and know that I will be right there in the crowd listening. As a student of the word you are an excellent teacher.

I thank you for your determination and pray for continued success on/in your life.

K