Thursday, November 13, 2008

One tough week!

After one of the most historic weeks in modern history, I had to face reality this week. The reality is that I woke up to one of the most difficult weeks of my life. In the very early hours of Tuesday morning, I was awakened to a disturbing phone call that one of my favorite former members of the church had passed away. Brother James Nelson was one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet, I had never seen the guy down not even once. The week was equally challenging in bible institute this week. We covered the subject " True faith and real discipleship" what a subject. The biblical launching point was Luke ch.14:26-33, we had a time with that. We also covered " By grace through faith " now this was cake walk after the first subject.The scriptures we covered was of course ,Ephesians 2:8-9 and 1Cor.7:19 and Titus 2:12. After covering just a few verses in this subject, my time was up. I can tell by looking at the faces of the members who are attending, they are being helped as well as challenged.The feed back that I am getting is not hurting either.This is going to be a hard hitting series, so please pray for me, I will need it!

Be Blessed

2 comments:

HALLELUJAH said...

Pastor

I would like to express my sincere condolence of the passing of a dear member. Remember one thing that the Bible states it is appointed to all men to die once, it sounds as though he left his mark.

I also celebrate with you over our historical election.

GOD Bless~~~

Fitts said...

Pastor Wilson, my condolences to you and your congregation on the passing of a beloved member.

I am encouraged with you all by your handling of God's truth, which is able to make us wise unto salvation.

Keep up the good work, I just prayed for you,

DeAntwan