Monday, November 10, 2008

Lord's Day recap 11/9/08 @ New Life CFC

Without sounding redundant, let me say we had a great day of worship at New Life. Our morning worship was good, we had an exceptional amount of visitors. The spirit was high from the start. The Lord has kept me in the book of Matthew for several weeks now, which is highly unusual because I usually hang out in the epistles. Yesterday I talked from Matt. 5:38-42
and used for a subject "Jesus gives an attitude adjustment". My outline was as follow

I.The Teaching of the Law (Lev.24:19,20)

II.The Teaching of the Pharisees(mis -interpretation of the law)

III.The Teaching of Jesus(not doing the natural,but the super natural)

I had sub- points I am just being lazy and don't feel like typing them. The Lord blessed and challenged the people of God to work on their actions and reactions. We also had our annual Deacon and Deaconess day. Our guest Preacher was Rev.Terry Wilson from Good News mbc., he did a good job. The message for the afternoon came from Romans ch.12v.1-2., he challenged the church to live a sacrificial life for God.
Well People of God, until next time be blessed.

BAW,sr.

3 comments:

Clinton Smith said...

Glad all went well in your service. Stop being lazy and give us the sub-points (LOL!!!).

Barry B. Severe said...

Hey B, I concur with Clint. Stop being lazy and give us the sub-points! :) We know that you're a scholar. Hey man, you know that Terry took my preaching spot. I preached the last Deacon and Deaconess day in 2007. I know he did a great job though (even for a fill in). Be Blessed doc!

Fitts said...

Doc,

It sounds like you all had a glorious time over there at New Life.

Keep preaching and teaching the word.

DeAntwan